Medications at School

Nonprescription Pain Relievers - Info For Families

From Minnesota Statute 121A.222

Possession and use of nonprescription pain relievers by secondary students. A secondary student may possess and use nonprescription pain relief  medication in a manner that is consistent with the labeling, if the district has received a written authorization from the student's parent/guardian permitting the student to self-administer the medication.  This must be done on a yearly basis.  The district may revoke a students's privilege to possess and use the nonprescription pain relievers if the district determines that the student is abusing the privilege. This section does not apply to the possession or use of any drug or product containing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine as its sole active ingredient or as one of its active ingredients.

Refer to Forms to download  under Over-the-Counter Pain Relief Medication.