Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) is a unique program that offers parents the opportunity to go to school and learn along with their child! Parents are their children's first and most important teachers. It has been proven that children whose parents are involved in their early education are more successful in school.
ECFE classes provide support, information and education for parents and their children, ages birth to 5. Parents and children attend weekly classes together. Most ECFE classes provide time for parent/child interaction as well as a separation time when parents enjoy a group discussion regarding child development and parenting issues. During this time, children continue activities in the classroom with their early childhood teachers. Participant fees for most classes are based on a sliding fee scale. No family is excluded for inability to pay.
- New Parent Connections (Birth-6 months): If you have a new baby, this class is for you! Participants will discuss topics and questions related to their exciting, and sometimes exhausting, new role as parents. Come whenever your schedule allows! There is no cost for New Parent Connection classes!!
- Busy Babies (6 -12 months): As babies get older, there is os much to learn! Parents will discuss changes happening as their babies grow. This is a semester class, but parents can join at any time during the semester!
- Toddler Time: Parents and toddlers will play together in these classes. As the year progresses, parents will separate from the children for part of the class time to discuss a variety of parenting topics. Children will continue to enjoy time with one another and their teachers.
- Tender Twos: Spend time with your child learning about encouraging and challenging their learning. Parent discussion topics include teaching independence, setting limits, preventing temper tantrums and more.
- STEAM Adventures!: This class will focus on helping young children and parents discover science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics together!
- Mixed Ages (1-4 years): Our mixed ages classes encourage and challenge children in their social skills and language development. Parents see and experience a variety of child development stages.
- Adventures: Special new monthly ECFE class for parents and children. Each class is 3 weeks long.
- Grandparent/Grandkids: NEW! Share with other grandparents the joys and challenges of this special role in the life of a child.
- Multiples: Twins, Triplets, and More! Join us to talk about the special joys and challenges of being a family with multiples!
- Special Classes and Family Events: Check out our latest offerings for special classes and family events!
Please call 651-351-4000 with any questions.