Parent engagement in a child’s learning has been shown to significantly impact student achievement, engagement in learning, and school attendance. We’re making it easy for you to be informed and involved in your child’s education.
How Is My Child Doing?
We’re working hard to keep you up-to-date on how your student is doing with face-to-face conferences, online progress reports and report cards, and personal connections to your classroom teacher. Your students will also be taking an active role in communicating with you about their progress.
- Conferences - Two times per year, once in the fall and again in spring. Students take part in setting goals, sharing their progress.
- Report Cards - Two times per year in the winter and spring.
- Skyward Family Access - Online gradebook, as well as attendance reporting and more.
How Can I Be More Involved?
There are many ways for you to be involved in your child’s learning. Stop by the office or talk to your child’s teacher to learn more:
- Attending back-to school events, curriculum nights, parent-teacher conferences, and special events.
- Working with your child at home by reading and doing homework together.
- Getting to know your child’s teacher and visiting with the school principal and support staff – we are all here to support your child and your family. We look forward to getting to know you!
- Volunteering in the classroom or during special events. A variety of one time volunteer opportunities exist, as do ongoing experiences.