Curiosity Thrives Here!
The Stillwater Area Public School District has a long and proud tradition of high expectations, high standards and outstanding achievement. We rank among the highest-performing school districts in the state and offer:
- Personal, caring staff committed to each individual learner
- High expectations supported through curiosity and innovation
- More choices and opportunities for students – both in the classroom and beyond
- An exceptional reputation and unwavering tradition of excellence
Our schools are safe and welcoming places where students receive personal attention from adults who care about them. Teachers get to know the learning styles and unique abilities of each student and thoughtfully design lessons that not only align with state standards, but take into consideration the unique needs of every child. Students are challenged, supported, encouraged, and engaged in lessons tailored to match their own educational needs and goals.
Our students have big opportunities during the school day and beyond. In addition to the many gifted and talented, Advanced Placement and College in the Schools opportunities during the school day, students can also participate in award-winning fine arts and music performance groups, sports teams and numerous activities, clubs and academic teams.
- We had a 93.3% graduation rate.
- More than 88% of our graduates go on to 2 or 4 year colleges/universities.
- Approximately 1,000 students earn college credit each year while attending Stillwater Area Public Schools.
- Our students (at all grade levels) consistently perform above state and national averages on achievement tests.
- Our students earn some of the top academic recognitions - from National Merit Scholarships to Advanced Placement Scholars.
- Since 1913, Stillwater has had more than 55 Minnesota State High School League State Championships in athletics.
- Our outstanding music program (band, orchestra and choir) is highly regarded across the country, and our Concert Wind Symphony has the longest streak of superior ratings in the history of Minnesota.