Concerns and Feedback
Let us know what you are thinking
Part of providing a high-quality education to our students means offering exceptional service to all of our customers. As a district committed to personal relationships, offering a high-quality customer service experience is an essential part of our mission.
We recognize, however, that at times we may not meet all of your expectations. We welcome your feedback, and encourage you to let us know if you have concerns. We’ll do our best to answer your questions and work with you to find a reasonable solution to any problems.
How to work with us to address concerns and solve problems:
- Share your concerns with the person most directly involved (ie. classroom teacher, coach/activity advisor, etc.). Many times a concern is a result of misinformation or a misunderstanding and can be solved at the classroom or building level.
- If after that meeting there is still an issue, bring your concerns to the building principal or appropriate supervisor.
- If an issue remains, you may direct your concerns to the superintendent or her administrative designee.
- If there is still an issue after speaking with the superintendent/designee, you may bring your concern to an opening forum, which is held as part of the school board’s regular business meeting.
Our district is committed to continuous improvement, and we are always seeking to enhance the experience for our students, families and community members. We value your feedback.
Open Forum Expectations
If you wish to speak to the school board, you will be able to do so at the start of the school board meeting during Open Forum.
To address the board, you must sign up in person. The sign up sheet will be available 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
1. At the Open Forum portion, the board chairperson will ask you to come to the microphone.
2. You are asked to state your name and address for the record. You will then have five (5) minutes to address the board with your comments. Individuals must present testimony in a respectful and professional manner. Vulgarity, character attacks or abuse or specific complaints identifying staff or students will not be permitted. When you have completed your comments, you will be thanked for addressing the board and will leave the microphone.
After a person addresses the board:
1. The board will ask administrators present to review the concern(s) presented and generally there is no discussion between the speaker and the board. The board will not deliberate or take action regarding requests presented at this meeting.
Citizen involvement in major decisions affecting the district is proper and can be a valuable form of assistance to the board. While comments and questions on issues are welcome during Open Forum, law prohibits the board from discussing concerns about individual employees or students in a public meeting. We will stop the proceedings immediately if employee or student privacy issues are raised and direct the speaker to forward comments regarding individual employees or students to the superintendent.
YOU MAY SIGN IN ONLY FOR YOURSELF, NOT OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS AND ONLY IN PERSON (30 MINUTES PRIOR AND UP TO THE START OF THE MEETING)
Be respectful of others. If you spoke at the last meeting please consider letting others sign in before you.
DUE TO TIME LIMITATIONS – WE WILL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF SPEAKERS TO 12.