Performance Dates: July 14th, 15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd
Tickets will be available for purchase on June 5th!
Rodgers & Hammerstein's first collaboration remains, in many ways, their most innovative, having set the standards and established the rules of musical theatre still being followed today. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story. Although the road to true love never runs smooth, with these two headstrong romantics holding the reins, love's journey is as bumpy as a surrey ride down a country road. That they will succeed in making a new life together we have no doubt, and that this new life will be in a brand-new state provides the ultimate climax to the triumphant OKLAHOMA!*
*OKLAHOMA! is presented through special arrangement with R & H Theatricals: www.rnh.com
ACTING AUDITION INFORMATION
WHEN: Wednesday, April 19th and Thursday, April 20th from 6:00-9:00pm. Only one audition time is necessary per person. If you are unable to attend an audition date, please email Mr. Grif Sadow (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate a separate opportunity. Callbacks will be on April 24th. If you are unable to make callbacks, please let the registration table know before your first audition.
WHERE: Stillwater Area High School, 5701 Stillwater Blvd. N, Stillwater MN 55082 (Please enter through door 44W.)
WHO: Adults, as well as students who are entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2017. (This year we are collaborating with the Stillwater Zephyr Theatre on a production for students in grades 3-8. Click here for more information: stillwaterzephyrtheatre.org/auditions/)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Auditions will have acting, vocal, and movement/dance components.
- Once you arrive you will need to fill out an audition form. Please bring a picture of yourself and a theatrical resume if you have one. The picture should be a headshot or snapshot of you only. Please bring your calendar as you will need to enter all rehearsal conflicts that you are aware of. No rehearsal conflicts will be accepted after June 23rd. Please do not audition if you are unable to make that commitment at this time.
- Vocal Audition: Prepare 16 measures of a show tune with sheet music; an accompanist will be provided. You may also bring your own device with pre-recorded music. No a cappella.
- Acting portion: No preparation is required for this portion. We will supply reading material, or you may bring a short (less than a minute) monologue.
- Movement/Dance portion: Please dress for movement. Groups may be taught a small movement/dance combination to be performed.
For students entering grades 3-8!
Performances: June 19th, 20th and 21st
For more information and to sign up for an audition please visit: stillwaterzephyrtheatre.org/auditions/
Stillwater Area Community Theatre (SACT)
Stillwater Community Education