2016-2017 CogAT update:
CogAT results will be sent home with students on December 22, 2016. If your child qualified for GATE school entrance you will recieve an additional informational letter with the results. Click here to view GATE entrance criteria. Click here for a parent guide to reading CogAT scores. Cluster identification will be determined mid March after meeting with all teachers to discuss scores.
Gifted and Talented children have outstanding abilities, perform at remarkably high levels, and have very unique needs. Our teachers understand gifted learners and have worked to develop specialized learning opportunities to challenge and engage them every step of the way.
We work closely with students, teachers and families to identify gifted and talented learners and match them with the most appropriate learning environment - from classroom clusters to accelerated learning opportunities.
We provide a comprehensive and robust Gifted and Talented Program that includes:
- An identification system based on current research and best practice, that uses multiple assessments that are statistically valid and reliable.
- A comprehensive curriculum, that challenges and engages students in their learning and allows them to move at their own pace.
- Innovative instructional strategies that meet the unique interests and abilities of each student.
- District culture and values that support the G&T philosophy.
- Highly trained teachers who understand the complex needs of gifted learners.
- Alignment of resources, structures and systems to meet the needs of all students.
Denise CoteQuestions about GATE? Please contact: