You may know that active kids are better students. You likely realize that what our kids eat affects how they learn. But did you know that kids today are expected to live FIVE YEARS LESS than their parents because of unhealthy lifestyles? Check out this video:
That’s why we're working with parents, teachers, doctors, dieticians, and our community to strengthen our kids minds and bodies. We’re committed to doing our part to help our students become smarter, happier and live longer lives.
We've updated our Wellness Policy with a renewed focus on keeping our kids active, helping them choose more nutritious foods, and encouraging healthier lifestyles. The revised Wellness Policy is all about:
- Getting kids moving more during the school day
- Providing nutritious meals, snacks, and concessions
- Creating safer environments for kids with severe food allergies, medical conditions or other dietary restrictions
- Making it easier to be active and healthy beyond the school day
- Helping to create smarter, happier kids and a healthier community!
Check out these additional resources: